Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Harbour Island



Harbour Island, Bahamas




Another one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, a far cry from Dorset, but not when it comes to relaxation and beauty. Harbour Island is one of the smallest Islands in the Bahamas, about 1-2 miles long and very remote. This is a place my Dad and I go to relax and enjoy the sun, it is so gorgeous and very little commercialization and technology, probably one of the best parts!

Riding horseback on the beach is one of the many exciting activities they have to offer, along with snorkeling, boating, sailing, and just relaxing on one of the most famous beaches, Pink Sand Beach.


Please Visit Harbour Island, but don't bring phones, laptops, or any other kind of technology, you don't need it and it isn't appreciated. Bring an appetite for delicious carribbean cuisine, a bathing suit, and some sunscreen and your all set!

4 comments:

Kate said...

First off I would like to say that your hometown looks and sounds adorable! It sounds like a very relaxing place to grow up in, and to return to! Harbour Island looks gorgeous! I have been to the Bahamas before when I went on a Caribbean cruise, and I loved it there.

susaninvt said...

I haven't been to the Bahamas, but it sounds wonderful. I love horseback riding, so loved your pics.

Some places I've been and recommend:

Hawaii - specifically Maui and Kauai
Grand Canyon
Yosemite

Bahamas are now on my list! :-)

Alison said...

Ahh the Bahamas. I would love to go. I have been to mexico and the cayman Islands but never the Bahamas. If you keep making these posts when it starts to snow I might have to cry. The pictures are beautiful!

MBenti said...

I'll have to keep this destination in mind. My best friend and I planned a trip to the Bahamas in June of 2013 - when we were freshman in high school it seemed very far away...